Breast Cancer is when the cells divide and muliply in an uncontrollled way. Cancer usually forms in the either the lobules, or the ducts of the breast.
In early stages of breast cancer symptoms may not be noticeable. The tumor could be so small that you may not be able to feel it but it would still be seen on a mammogram.
Signs and symptoms of breast cancer vary in which type of breast cancer you may have. Some are very similiar but some can be different. Most common symptoms include:
- A breast lump
- breast pain
- red; pitted skin over breast
- nipple discharge
- bloody discharge
- peeling, scalingor flaking of skin on your nipple
- unexplained shape or size of your breast
- inverted nipple
- changes to the appearance of the skin
- a lump/swelling under your arm
There are 2 main categories of breast cancer. These are: Invasive and noninvasive.
- Ductal carcinoma in situ
- Lobular carcinoma in situ
- Invasive ductal carcinoma
- Invasive lobular carcinoma
- Paget disease of the nipple
- Phyllodes tumor
Breast cancer is divided into stages depending on the size of the tumor and how much it has spread. The stages are from 0-5. The type of treament also depends on what type of cancer.
To learn more please visit: https://www.healthline.com/health/breast-cancer#stages